John Gunther returns to Nocturne leading a his quartet in a swinging selection of his own compositions, jazz standards and tunes by Thelonoius Monk and Charles Mingus.
On this date, John is joined by Max Moore on guitar, Domi Edson on bass and Harold Summey on drums.
John Gunther is a composer and multi-instrumentalist playing Saxophones, Clarinet, and Flute. With a restless musical spirit, he explores all forms of jazz from traditional to avant-garde as well as classical, world and electronic music. He has performed throughout the U.S., South America and Europe, in Carnegie Hall, in the middle of the ocean, and on the back of a truck. He has performed or recorded with jazz greats Christian McBride, Jimmy Heath, Larry Goldings, Tom Harrel, Dewey Redman, The Woody Herman Orchestra, and The Maria Schneider Orchestra as well as guest appearances as a soloist with the Sinfonietta Paris Chamber Orchestra, the Carpe Diem String Quartet and the Banda Nacional de Cartago in Costa Rica.
Friday Show Times:
Set One: 6:30 - 7:45pm
Set Two: 9:00 - 10:30pm
Important Notes and Reservation Information:
- Due to high demand, we encourage guests to book well in advance on Friday and Saturday evenings
- Floor seats are reserved for Dinner and a Show Reservations (Music and Three Course Included)
- Reserved Bar Seats are $29 per guest and include music. Bar guests can order from our entire dinner menu as well as our wine & cocktail list.
- If availability permits, we do allow walk-in guests. Walk-in guests will have a charge of $30 per person applied to their check on Fridays and Saturdays
- We respectfully request that guests limit their visits to one set only at this time