Jazz saxophonist David Bernot returns to Nocturne to perform the classic 1973 Elvin Jones record, Live at the Lighthouse. This famous Blue Note release featured bassist Gene Perla, and two tenor saxophonists, Dave Liebman and Steve Grossman, who would all continue to have their own prolific careers. The performance will honor Elvin's iconic chordless ensemble, for an evening of highly engaging and energetic straight-ahead jazz. Joining Bernot on the bandstand will be Patrick McDevitt on bass, Taylor Clay on sax, drummer Dru Heller on drums (3/17 & 3/31) and Todd Reid on drums (3/24).
David Bernot is a jazz saxophonist and composer based in Denver, Colorado. His debut album Never-Ending Cycle features his own compositions and was released in partnership with Nocturne Productions in March of 2022. Bernot has performed with Bob Mintzer, Lee Konitz, Terrell Stafford, Greg Gisbert, Colin Stranahan, Veronica Swift and others. In 2022 David won the International Jazz Award for saxophone held in Carinthia, Austria. David is currently attending the University of Northern Colorado for a Doctorate in Jazz Composition.
Friday Show Times:
Set One: 6:30 - 7:45pm
Set Two: 9:00 - 10:30pm
Important Notes and Reservation Information:
- Due to high demand, we encourage guests to book well in advance on Friday and Saturday evenings
- Floor seats are reserved for Dinner and a Show Reservations (Music and Three Course Included)
- Reserved Bar Seats are $29 per guest and include music. Bar guests can order from our entire dinner menu as well as our wine & cocktail list.
- If availability permits, we do allow walk-in guests. Walk-in guests will have a charge of $30 per person applied to their check on Fridays and Saturdays
- We respectfully request that guests limit their visits to one set only at this time