The Daryl Gott quintet featuring Paul McKee will be exploring the commonly overlooked front line of saxophone and trombone.With everyone in the group hailing from different backgrounds and locations, the group is united in their affinity for bebop and modern music. This group will feature arrangements of classic standards, lesser known standards and a sprinkling of original compositions. It will swing hard and feature some of Denver's finest!
Saxophonist and composer Daryl Gott was born and raised in Denver. Growing up in a musical family Daryl was exposed to music and specifically jazz at a young age. He graduated from Denver School of the arts and continued his formal music education at the City College of New York where he studied with saxophonist Jon Gordon. In 2011, Daryl moved back to Denver and began working as a freelance musician. Since then, he has become a staple of the Denver jazz scene, playing multiple jazz gigs around town every week. He has played with notable musicians such as Greg Gisbert, Paa Kow, Jason Rigby and Jonathan Blake among others. Daryl recently received a Masters degree in jazz saxophone at the University of Colorado Boulder.
Paul McKee, received a BME from the University of Northern Iowa and a MM in Composition from the University of Texas at Austin. In 1984 he joined Woody Herman’s Thundering Herd and appeared on several Grammy-nominated recordings. Paul maintains a busy schedule as a clinician and guest artist, and his arrangements and compositions have been performed and recorded by professional and academic jazz ensembles worldwide. His recording Gallery was released to critical acclaim and features performances by Carl Fontana, Bobby Shew, Tim Ries and Ron Stout. Paul is a clinician for the Conn-Selmer company and plays King trombones exclusively.
Friday Show Times:
Set One: 6:30 - 7:45pm
Set Two: 9:00 - 10:30pm
Important Notes and Reservation Information:
- Due to high demand, we encourage guests to book well in advance on Friday and Saturday evenings
- Floor seats are reserved for Dinner and a Show Reservations (Music and Three Course Included)
- Reserved Bar Seats are $29 per guest and include music. Bar guests can order from our entire dinner menu as well as our wine & cocktail list.
- If availability permits, we do allow walk-in guests. Walk-in guests will have a charge of $30 per person applied to their check on Fridays and Saturdays
- We respectfully request that guests limit their visits to one set only at this time