Saturdays in January, The Tom Amend Quintet will be exploring the music of Duke Pearson and Tadd Dameron. These two great pianists and composers left behind a host of inspiring compositions that today’s improvisers are still exploring with great satisfaction. This series will be performed by a stellar collection of Denver-based jazz artists including: Seth Lewis (bass), Daryl Gott (sax), Gabriel Mervine (trumpet) and Kevin Matthews (drums)
Tom Amend is an organist, pianist, composer, and arranger from Denver, Colorado. Performing and recording throughout the Rocky Mountain region in various settings as both a leader and a sideman he can be heard with with Colorado based Soul/Blues artists: The Burroughs and the Taylor Scott Band. Amend received a Bachelor of Music in Jazz Studies and a Masters of Music in Composition at the University of Northern Colorado. During his time at UNC Tom performed with UNC Lab I and UNC Vanguard Combo where he shared stages with Chris Potter, Christian McBride, Jeff Hamilton, Joey DeFrancesco, Groove For Thought, Greg Gisbert, Deborah Brown, Louis Hayes, Dave Liebman, Sheila Jordan and others. As a bandleader, Tom's 2021 debut album as an organist, "Frontier Justice" featured Jeff Hamilton on drums and Steve Kovalcheck on guitar.
Saturday Show Times:
Set One: 6:30 - 7:45pm
Set Two: 9:00 - 10:30pm
Important Notes and Reservation Information:
- Due to high demand, we encourage guests to book well in advance on Friday and Saturday evenings
- Floor seats are reserved for Dinner and a Show Reservations (Music and Three Course Included)
- Reserved Bar Seats are $29 per guest and include music. Bar guests can order from our entire dinner menu as well as our wine & cocktail list.
- If availability permits, we do allow walk-in guests. Walk-in guests will have a charge of $30 per person applied to their check on Fridays and Saturdays
- We respectfully request that guests limit their visits to one set only at this time
Photography is courtesy of Armando Martinez Photography (opens in a new tab)