It's Valentine's Day and romance is alive and well at Nocturne - so come celebrate a proper night out on the town with us and let the sparks fly. For this special night, trumpeter/composer Gabriel Mervine takes the stage alongside singer/accordionist Alicia Jo Straka and their quintet format fas they bring French and American songs of romance to the Nocturne stage.
Gabriel Mervine is deeply rooted in the traditions of Jazz and Classical but is also a very active contributor to the modern music scene nationally. Born in Bridgewater, New Jersey, Gabriel began his professional playing career at the age of thirteen. By the time he graduated high school he was already looking at making a career out of playing the trumpet. He has studied with Bobby Shew, Roger Ingram, and Greg Gisbert and quickly gained recognition for as a unique and capable player in any environment. Gabriel has performed with Natalie Cole, Christian McBride, Chie Imaizumi, Terence Blanchard, Russell Malone, Maceo Parker, Fred Wesley, John McNeil, Convergence, Roberta Gambarini, the Motet, and Houston Person Gabriel now resides in Denver, Colorado and keeps a rigorous schedule of local and national performances.
Important Notes and Reservation Information:
Valentine's Night Show Times: Set One: 6:30-7:45pm | Set Two: 9:00-10:30pm
- Due to high demand, we encourage guests to book well in advance for this evening
- Floor seats are reserved for Dinner and a Show Reservations (Music and Special Valentine's Three Course Included)
- Reserved Bar Seats are $49 per guest and include music. Bar guests can order from our entire dinner menu as well as our wine & cocktail list.
- If availability permits, we do allow walk-in guests. Walk-in guests will have a charge of $30 per person applied to their check on Fridays and Saturdays
- We respectfully request that guests limit their visits to one set only at this time
Photography is courtesy of Armando Martinez Photography (opens in a new tab)