Friday evenings in September the Ben Markley Quintet is presenting a wide range of Ben's original works for jazz quintet. Ben's works are filled with groove, tangible joy and expression. The very special quintet playing these tunes, Wil Swindler (sax), Steve Kovalcheck (guitar), Domi Edson (bass), and Andy Wheelock (drums) is a likeminded cadre of veteran, world-class jazz artists. In month two of this residency, this quintet project will be recorded live at Nocturne.
Ben Markley is an accomplished pianist, band leader and composer/arranger, active throughout the Rocky Mountain front range and has performed with Brian Lynch, Greg Osby, Eddie Henderson, Terell Stafford, George Garzone, Bobby Shew and John Fedchock and many others. Markley's latest big band recording project Clockwise - The Music of Cedar Walton (OA2 records) earned four-star review by Downbeat Magazine. Markley's last endeavor was a big band project Ari's Funhouse. The record was met with considerable acclaim and was recognized as one of the best 4-star rated albums of 2022 by DownBeat Magazine. Markley has performed a number of Nocturne artist in residencies, and and one of his trio projects was featured on Nocturne's first ever record release.
Friday Show Times:
Set One: 6:30 - 7:45pm | Set Two: 9:00 - 10:30pm
Important Notes and Reservation Information:
- Due to high demand, we encourage guests to book well in advance on Friday and Saturday evenings
- Floor seats are reserved for Dinner and a Show Reservations (Music and Three Course Included)
- Reserved Bar Seats are $35 per guest and include music. Bar seat guests can order from our entire dinner menu as well as our wine & craft cocktail list.
- We set aside four to six walk-in bar seats per set. Walk-in bar seat guests will have a music charge of $35 per person applied to their check on Fridays and Saturdays.
- We respectfully request that guests limit their visits to one set only at this time